Helping Children and Young People With Disabilities Live Life To The Full
The Chiltern Centre’s aim is to offer a helping hand to children and young people with disabilities – enabling them to live life to the full whilst giving a lifeline of support to families and parents caring for a disabled child.
Our Objectives are to:
- Offer a small-scale friendly environment with the flexibility to meet everyday needs and challenges of its children with disabilities.
- Provide much-needed short respite care breaks and other disability services to parents, enabling disabled children and young people to continue living in the family home.
- Work together with parents and carers of disabled children and young people to give essential practical and emotional support to the whole family.
- Partner with associated agencies to provide an holistic approach to meeting the needs of disabled children and young people – as well as create opportunities and promote life chances in line with ‘Every Child Matters’.
- Promote Chiltern Centre in the wider community, and inspire local people to get involved in helping achieve our vision.
- Make our services available to families within a broad catchment area encompassing Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire.